- Fire Service Information
Training, SFI Information, MTO information, IMS Information, Forms, Grants and Loans Information
- Information for the Public
Fire Prevention and Safety Information, Publications for families and Educators, Activities for Kids
- Staff Resources
SFI Information, MTO information, IMS, Emergency Resource Locator, Forms, FDID, CFC List
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control strives to be the leader in fire services, delivering the highest quality most comprehensive training, response and technical assistance programs to emergency responders, local entities and the citizens of the State of New York. Office of Fire Prevention and Control programs have created the best trained most effective professional emergency response force in the nation, the safest colleges and universities, and the lowest rate of arson fires per capita in the United States.
The Office of Fire Prevention and Control will deliver a wide breadth of services to firefighters, emergency responders, state and local government agencies, public and private colleges, and the citizens of New York. The Office advances public safety through firefighter training, education, fire prevention, investigative, special operations and technical rescue programs. The timely delivery of these essential services enables the Office to make significant contributions to the safety of all of New York State.
- November - Thanksgiving is the leading day for U.S. home cooking fires; NFPA offers tips and recommendations for enjoying a fire-safe holiday
- August 2020 - Fire Academy Schedule for the Remainder of 2020 Now Available!
- June 2020 - Fire Safety Considerations Related to COVID-19 Safety Planning
- View All Informational Bulletins
- November 25, 2020 - Towsleys Recalls 3-in-1 Qi Wireless Chargers, Power Banks and Travel Chargers Due to Fire Hazard
- November 24, 2020 - Crock-Pot 6-Quart Express Crock Multi-Cookers Recalled by Sunbeam Products Due to Burn Hazard
- November 12, 2020 - InvoSpa Recalls Heated Blankets Due to Fire and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com
- View All Safety Alerts and Recalls